I’ve been bidding on DealDash for almost three years and have won over 1,500 auctions. Just like every new bidder, I’ve learned a few tips and tricks along the way and by sharing them with new bidders, I hope you are successful and have fun on DealDash just as I have.
- Watch and Learn – Use and walk through all the helpful tools DealDash has to offer online. There are tutorials and helpful tips that will guide you to successful bidding. It only takes a few minutes to go to the Help tab and walk through each helpful section that is there for your benefit. After you have a sense of what bidding’s all about, watch bidding in action as an auction happens. Notice the people and patterns you are dealing with.
- Start Small – Start with small items when you first start bidding. Generally items valuing from $60-200 are the ones you want to try your hand at winning first. These items are offered more than once daily and make them a good starter item. Once you build experience and confidence with bidding, move to larger items.
- Try Different Days and Times – You may notice days and times where it seems to be busier than others on DealDash. Try using less busy days and times to increase your chances of winning.
- Set a Bidding Budget – Setting a budget and sticking to it is equally hard in life and on DealDash but you don’t want to break the bank in either case, so set a limit on the number of bids you will place in a particular item and stick to it.
- Bid on Items You Want to Own – While DealDash offers a wonderful “exchange to bids” program on items won, keep in mind that if you win an item you really want at a great price, it’s likely to happen twice in a row. So my advice is to take the item, pay for it and enjoy it!
- Stay the Course – It’s very tempting to back out of an auction when experienced bidders jump into your action or when you’ve been bidding a while and just can’t seem to get the win. Be confident and stay the course. Your competition may soon find that you’re not going anywhere and will back out before you do.
- Bid Buddy Really is your Best Friend – When it comes to bidding in the auctions, there is really no greater tool than to use BidBuddy. Set your bids ahead of time and think of it as a slow cooker: “Set it and forget it.”
- Know Your Promos – Familiarize yourself with the different types of promos available daily on DealDash: reduced bid prices, extended time as highest bidders (helps you earn free bids!), free and 50% off end auction prices, free shipping (every day!), no new bidders after $3, $5 or $10, earn bids when you’re one of the top three bidders with the time as highest bidder, and five wins per day limits are just some of the exciting promotions you’ll see on DealDash on the regular. There are also “one-per-user” auction wins and no jumper limit removed auctions!
- Don’t Give Up! – Hang in there! It honestly takes time, patience and practice to find your groove on DealDash. Keep using the tools, strategies and promotions available to get the most for your money.
Here’s hoping you have a great time on DealDash and win something amazing!
This sponsored blog post was written by Theresa B., proud American and grandmother of two, major MMA fan, writer and ardent practitioner of sarcastic wit. Theresa was compensated by DealDash for this post.
This blog is written by real DealDash customers. The opinions and advice shared here represent our customers’ views and not those of the company.