Biking is pretty popular now in the US. Many cities have become more biker friendly by allowing initiatives such as bike rentals, bike paths and trails and even separate lanes of traffic in roadways.
Is your city bike friendly? According to The Travel Channel these 10 cities are the top 10 cycling cities in the US:
- Boulder, CO – Boulder boasts a bike-share program with 24-hour bike access stations.
- Portland, OR – No other city has more cyclists per capita.
- NYC offers the country’s largest bike share program with over 6k bikes and 330 rental stations. The Hudson River Greenway has 11 miles of bike and walking paths.
- Minneapolis has the second largest number of bike commuters after Portland. With dedicated bike lanes and bike rental programs, Minnesotans love to biking (yes, year round even!)
- Washington, DC offers 1,800 bikes in their bikeshare program.
- Tucson, AZ has over 700 miles of designated bikeways.
- Austin, TX has a bike zoo and the 6-mile long Lance Armstrong Bikeway,
- Missoula, Montana – home to a wide range of mountain bike trails. Biking Big Sky Country would be lovely!
- San Diego’s will soon have a bike share program with over 1,800 bikes around the city.
- Louisville, KY has a 100-mile trail system that’s really a bicycle superhighway.
If you’re in any one of these cities you’ll see that it’s become easier to gain access to a bicycle if you don’t have one, whether or not you’re in a bike friendly city you may want to own your own bike. DealDash has made that more of a reality for many people. The last few auctions for a USA Titan Punisher All-Terrain Bicycle have sold for as low as $0.45 to less than $2. Really! What a great deal!
Take a look: PleaseStopNow won this one for just $0.45!
And not only does DealDash offer bicycles, they have taillights, helmets, tactical gloves, flex straps, bicycle trailers if you have little ones and more.
How about a Bicycle Built for Two?
Check out the Kulana Lua Tandem bike going up for auction here at around 3 pm CST today. See this auction at http://www.dealdash.com/battle.php?auction_id=2294013#sthash.RIiLVt1H.dpuf
“The Kulana Lua Tandem Bike 26 is here to take the fun factor of tandem biking to a new level. Two extra large and comfortable cruiser saddles are mounted on a stylish yellow HI-Ten cruiser frame, with easy reach handlebars and fun beach graphics. The frame, graphics and the whitewall tyres together present a colorful look to the tandem bicycle. Be assured of years of exercise and fun while touring around on bike paths, light trails, or when cruising along a quiet beachside lane. The super-relaxed riding position and padded seats are tailor-made and lets you enjoy the scenery while having fun with your family. The integrated rear coast brakes showcase powerful braking irrespective of the weather conditions. Half wrap front and rear fenders are employed in the Hi-Ten steel bike to add further convenience in diverse weather conditions.”