If you are new to DealDash.com chances are that you will make some of the five most common mistakes that Newbies often make.
The five most common mistakes that I have identified are:
- Choosing an intimidating screen name or bio message with the intent to scare off the other competitors. This is against DealDash guidelines and having an intimidating screen name will not help you win more auctions.
- Playing before reading, watching and learning. Many Newbies start placing bids before they know how to play and they irritate other shoppers by cutting the clock and bidding out of turn.
- Casting single bids from the home page. Newbies usually do this because they have not yet learned how to double click on the auctions so they can open a new window, where they can find and use BidBuddy, the automated bidder.
- Bidding in too many auctions at the same time. Most Newbies are better off bidding in one auction at a time. Then, if you do not win, you only have to purchase that one item to get all your bids back. If you bid in several auctions, you would have to purchase several auction products to get all your bids back.
- Overbidding the retail value of the auction product.
- Not making a budget. It is important to do the math, set spending limits and sticking to those limits.
Smart shoppers will avoid making the most common mistakes by reading blogs and educating themselves before they begin to play.
Sponsored blog post submitted by: Barbara L. Sellers
Barbara was compensated by DealDash for this blog post.