I won! I won! I finally won the elusive lambskin moto jacket! Now it is elusive no more.
Did you ever want to win a particular product on DealDash.com that appeared to be like an elusive butterfly? Well this auction was my elusive butterfly.
No matter how often I tried and no matter how many bids I placed, it appeared that I would never win this lambskin moto jacket. I even placed as much as 2,114 bids in one auction and still did not win.
After investing a total of 4,400 bids 44 different times in the same auction (from Oct. 14 to Dec. 8) I finally won. The auction closed at $22.63 and this time I placed a total of 464 bids.
What made the winning difference? I can narrow it down to three things:
- This auction was limited to only one per user and the power bidders already won it, so they were eliminated.
- “No New Bidders” when the auction reached $3 were allowed. That left only 28 competitors, which might have been more if it closed to new bidders at $5 instead.
- Consistency — I continued to bid every time this item came up for auction. The first time it closed early, I got busy and failed to add more bids or I might have won sooner.
Two lessons I learned from this bidding experiment are:
- In my experience, it’s better to place 500 bids four times than 2,000 bids one time. If you do this, you might win sooner, and when you do win, the closing cost will be much lower.
- It’s important to be consistent and not get distracted by other things.
If you do this, you might be able to catch your elusive butterfly. For me, the lambskin moto jacket was my elusive butterfly, but it is elusive no more!
This sponsored blog post was submitted by: Barbara L. Sellers. Barbara was compensated by DealDash for this blog post. Blog posts are written by real DealDash customers. The opinions and advice here represent our customers’ views and not those of the company.