Thanksgiving is tomorrow, November 27, 2014. And while ’tis the season for yummy goodies, pies, cakes, turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and the like, it’s also the time to really reflect and give thanks. There are ways to reflect and be grateful for what we have every single day.
Here are a few of my favorite thanksgiving quotes!
1. “We can lift ourselves and others as well, when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude.” –Thomas S. Monson
2. “Give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.” –Native American saying
3. “Be present in all things and thankful for all things.” –Maya Angelou
4. “For each new morning with its light, for rest and shelter of the night, for health and food, for love and friends, for everything thy goodness sends. I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and new.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” –Oprah Winfrey
We all have so many things to be thankful for! Friends, family, loved ones, pets, sunshine, cold, warmth, snow, rain! Some of these may not be liked very much, especially if you have to shovel the snow, but! Remember that all of these things are here for a reason and we need to be thankful for them!
Give thanks for… a warm bed, food in your cabinets, clean water, reliable transportation – your car or public transit, deals on items on Black Friday so you can get the things you want and need and still save money for other things like experiences! Save up and plan a trip for 2015, make it an epic one! Hike Machu Picchu, or relax on an island in the sun. Sometimes the best things money can buy are not things at all, but experiences that broaden your mind and help you to see the world in a new way!
What are some of the things you’re thankful for? Would it be the items you have been able to win on DealDash this year, did you win auctions with free bids? New connections and friendships? Experiences? Your job and other opportunities? Share with us what you’re thankful for!
Photo Credits: julieandjoe